Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognises that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
• First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
• Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance, analytics, advertising and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the Website to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- understand the total number of visitors to our website on an ongoing basis;
- monitor the performance of the website to improve it;
- customize and enhance your online experience;
- enable ESL to advertise both on and off this Website.